Saturday, March 3, 2012

How my Legal Framework & Ethics courses earned me a Merchandise?

Today morning , Facebook page of my Fav. ICICI Bank posted...




I had to make my assignments but thought to enjoy this discount and spend some 3 hours with a friend , so I went ahead to book tickets.

Luckily got good Gold seats with great discounted price but then i realized where is that option of 10% discount of food and beverages? well this option was not there while booking the tickets.

If i was not into my 3rd trimester of MBA(HR), i would have let it gone like most of us usually do. But what is that in this 3rd trimester that made me writing this blog and that too at that time when i need to ready up?

Well, it is Legal framework and Ethical issues in H.R courses that suddenly prompted in my mind. 1 advantage of doing MBA is you can not leave even a single place where you can not apply your Management concepts.

I immediately called there management team describing them the situation and they described me see, "this option is not valid in delhi" . Before he could have said anything, i had taken  screen shots of terms & conditions and offers and very beautifully marked them an email stating, "..... It  is clearly a case of FRAUD / WRONG Communication. Being a student of H.R, I must say, this is clearly unethical and portraits  cheating and Miscommunication case  in lieu of promotions and can be brought to our LAW SYSTEM."


Soon after my mail, i got apology revert and a phone call from concerned manager. I gave him some gayan on ETHICAL and LEGAL issues in communication. He offered me a merchandise and requested me to provide him my address.

Revert to my mail, "......Same shall be updated in our communication to avoid confusion for customers who are trying to book for the same in locations where online bookings are not available currently. We shall be soon dispatching a merchandise to you ."

Question that comes to my mind now is - " Providing Merchandise is again Un(Ethical) practice or simply a token of Apology?"


or infact "accepting merchandise" in lieu of this communication....

Do comment ...

1 comment: